MicheleinNZ

words from a Christian, a wife, a mother, a reader.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lure of the cheesecake

There is a freshly baked cheesecake sitting on the top of my oven, cooling. It is, by far, the most decadent and delicious dessert in my repertoire. It also costs about $12 to make, considering it contains 750 grams of cream cheese (priced at about 2.50 each for 250 grams here in NZ) and nearly 1/2 cup of Bailey's Irish Cream, along with half a package of Oreo cookies. I've never stopped to think about the THOUSANDS of calories that are probably contained in every sliver. But for all these reasons I only make it about once a year.

Why make it now? Because my husband loves it. LOVES IT. Like, eat it for breakfast loves it. And tomorrow is our anniversary. After all, when you care enough to send the very best, send cheesecake (I hope Hallmark doesn't mind that I've stolen their line).

But now, there is a cheesecake calling my name "Michele... Michele!" I can hear it and I desperately want some! But we're saving it for tomorrow when we share dinner with some friends in celebration of our special day. Do you think they'd notice if there was a slice missing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home