MicheleinNZ

words from a Christian, a wife, a mother, a reader.

Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm sitting here drinking Coke (with ice, because any other way is inferior) from a lime-ish green cup from Tupperware, which my friendly Tupperware demonstrator just dropped off, along with the rest of my order and the order of my friends who recently attended a Tupperware party that I hosted. [I'm pretty sure that should be more than one sentence.] Unwrapping everything that I got was like an early Christmas! My youngest daughter thought it was fun, too, as she stacked and re-stacked everything. My parents very generously bought me Tupperware for Christmas, which allowed my party sales to go high enough that I got some really great gifts (to the tune of NZ$120 in free products, plus the normal host gifts). One of the things that I bought was a mystery gift for $20, but was worth at least $50. I got these great lime-ish green cups (I've yet to figure out how to post a picture, so you'll have to take my word for it), a cheese saver, and a great Tuppertoy Train, which is no longer being sold! I was really stoked.

As I opened all the plastic-wrapped plastic packages [Considering that one of my reasons for buying Tupperware is that it reduces the amount of disposable plastic products that I use, it's ironic that it comes wrapped in so much disposable plastic.] I was thinking about the simple pleasures in life and remembered that
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
Although Tupperware might change its colours along with the changing fashion trends, my Heavenly Father remains constant and very much the same.






4 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Starr said...

Hey!! I have a blogger blog too! I'll link you up on my blog (soon!) so I will remember to pop in often!! I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know a fellow CHF girl more!!!

christywhisty

PS I'm drinking diet A&W from a can right now!! YUM!!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger crickl said...

Michele! Congrats on starting your blog....I love to read stories like you've written here about your family and Tupperware. ;)

crickl from choosing home

5:07 PM  
Blogger MicheleinNZ said...

yeah! I have comments!

Crystal, I love A&W but we can only buy it from this one Asian store in a nearby city and it's like $2 a can! But boy, it's sure good. My husband buys it for me whenever he's nearby. He says that he knows I love flowers, but he thought A&W would be more appreciated :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger MicheleinNZ said...

Thanks, crickl. If you want stories about the mundane and usual, this is the place to come!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home